Drop by and join us in the Greener Scotland tent at the Royal Highland Show 2016 from Thursday 23 June until Sunday 26 June on 4th Avenue (next to the forestry arena) from 9a.m. to 5p.m.
Come and find out about Scotland’s wonderful and varied natural environment, and get inspired to participate in some of the many leisure and recreational opportunities the outdoors has to offer.
We’ve lots of free activities for all ages running throughout the day, so why not come along and join in the fun.
- Become an environmental detective by joining investigative scientists to look at the importance of identifying pollutants and those responsible for causing pollution. In a series of fun, hands-on experiments, you’ll find out how bugs can tell us about water pollution as well as, finding out about the hidden dangers of microplastics and phosphates.
- Take a walk around the mini forest and experience some of sights, sounds and smells of our wonderful woodlands.
- Get your heart and lungs pumping working by taking a cycle or walk on our exercise equipment.
- Relax in our pop up park, partake in some tai-chi and yoga, or just soak up the atmosphere.
- Get the little ones to take part our trail around the tent, where we have prizes for those who successfully complete it.
- Put your green fingers to use, by getting some gardening tips in our outside allotment.
- Have a go at our snakes and ladders game, with a twist.
- Young Scotland will be joining the team at the Greener Scotland tent on Thursday and Friday. Bring along your Young Scot card to take home 150 Young Scot reward points. They will be also organising activities for young people to gather their thoughts on wide variety of green issues and you can also leave your hopes and ideas for a greener Scotland in the wish forest.
The tent is being delivered by Forestry Commission Scotland, Scottish Natural Heritage, Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Cairngorms National Park Authority, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park Authority and the Scottish Government’s Agriculture, Food and Rural Communities Directorate.